SP10/SP2x/SP3x Recovery sd-card/Boot sd-card creation instructions
Here are the instruction on creating recovery sd-card and boot sd-card to recover bricked SP10/SP30 miner in case your mmc image got broken.
Before doing this, if your WebUI works - try returning the miner to factory settings from the settings tab.
There are 2 types of images:
1) sd-boot image - for RUNNING from SD card, in case of physical problem with mmc. You will need to keep the SD in your miner forever.
2) sd-recovery image - for RECOVERING MMC from SD card. After this update you must remove SD card from miner, and reboot the miner.
Most clients will want the sd-recovery image.
!!! Never load SP10 image on SP3x/SP2x or other way around !!!
Instructions for Windows microSD Card creation for SP3x/2x:
You will need a micro-SD of at least 4GB and micro-SD-to-USB converter (card reader).
- Install Win32 Disk Imager .
- Download the sd-boot or recovery disk compressed image file from here ( sd-boot_image / sd-recovery_image ) (120 MB).
- Extract the file from #2, and store it in a location of choice. (e.g. C:\Users\Public\bootsd.img - note it's a 2GB file)
- Insert an microSD Card - either formatted or blank - to the card reader.
- Make sure that the card can be seen as a disk drive. (If it's not formatted, and windows pops-up a format request – you can dismiss it).
- Using Win32 Disk Imager write the image file (from step #3) onto the microSD card disk drive. This will put all the needed files on the microSD.
- Validate: Eject the microSD and insert it back in, ensure that you can see files (e.g. MLO , u-boot.img ) on the microSD.
- Now it can be used as a the miner working / recovery media.
skip to Instructions for SPXX miner recovery or Instructions for SPXX miner sd-boot.
Instructions for Windows microSD Card creation for SP10:
You will need a micro-SD of at least 4GB and micro-SD to USB converter (card reader).
- follow steps 1-7 from section Instructions for Windows microSD Card creation for SP3x/2x.
- Download the SP10 image content file .
- Extract the spond_images_sp10.zip file. It will create folder named spond_images_sp10 with the required files.
It has two folders - one for SD recovery and one for booting from SD. You probably need the recovery, unless your mmc is bad.
Each folder has two folders inside - one for each partition of the SD card.
- Copy the files from the first partition to the SD-card. DON'T override the MLO file. Do override all other files.
- Now it can be used as a the miner recovery media.
Instructions for Linux microSD Card creation for SPXX:
- cfdisk utility (sudo apt-get install cfdisk)
- mkfs.xfs utility (sudo apt-get install xfsprogs)